Wednesday, October 22, 2014

everything contrived?

I had some downtime and was reading stories on Wattpad a little over a year ago and a friend asked me what I was reading and if any of the books/stories were any good. As an avid reader and story collector, I've spent enough time reading books and watching movies and TV shows to be able to figure out the plot lines and major themes before the end of the book. So my response to my friend was, "well, you know everything is contrived but some authors are better storytellers." This led to a bigger conversation on how many things in life are not completely unique but derivations and permutations of earlier versions. Fashion clearly fits this logic and is often referred to as being cyclical because while the classics remain, trends and fads swing back around.

Avoiding the bigger philosophical argument around this statement, the point is, this blog pays homage to the ideas, images and information that influence me and affect my style, but in it's own telling hopefully a unique experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment